When life gives you lemons, this time…make lemon muffins out of it.
A healthy option can make sure of a wealthy, sound body. Vegan foods are trending and are very beneficial for the human body. Because of its rich nutrients and fibre content, it helps to maintain good body weight as well as secure it from the risk of acute and chronic diseases. And if you are thinking that Vegan options will restrict your eating options & no way you can think of baked stuff. Well, then you are wrong. Brace yourself for these amazingly beautiful treats for your tastebuds plus well being.
Squeeze And Seize The Day
Lemons are the most versatile fruit. So summery and freshen up the whole system. There’s soo much to make out of it, no matter what the situation is, lemon always comes to the rescue. It holds numerous amount of health benefits too. With joy, it provides a huge amount of Vitamin C and folate. Along with some minerals, phytonutrients, and antioxidants.
Happiness is Freshly Baked Muffins
So now, get ready with your whisks, and let’s, bake-off bakers!
•All-Purpose Flour -1¾ cups
•Almond Flour – ½ cup
•Baking Powder – 2½ tsp.
•Baking Soda – ¼ tsp.
•Sea Salt – ½ tsp.
•Cane Sugar – ½ cup
•Almond Milk – 1 cup
•Apple Cider Vinegar- 1 tsp
•Coconut Oil – 1/3 cup
•Lemon Zest – 2tbsp.
•Lemon Juice – 3 tbsp.
•Pure Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp.
- Firstly, start with preheating the oven @375ºF. And then, grease the muffin tin lightly with some oil.
- Now, in a small bowl add some milk and vinegar, mix. Then, set them aside.
- And now, sift all the dry ingredients (except zest). After that, mix them all in a large bowl.
- Take a medium bowl now and whisk the remaining ingredients.
- Then, pour some almond milk mixture.
- Next, mix the wet ingredients with dry ones in one large bowl. Whisk it till silk textured batter is made.
- Lastly, scoop the batter in the muffin tin.
- Bake for 16-17mins, check if the toothpick comes out clean. If not, then bake accordingly for some more time.
- Cool for 10 mins and its ready to serve!
Hold up! where’s the frosting? Make way for a cheat day with some creamy icing on top. Also, this icing won’t harm one’s diet much.
Well, here’s where to make an amazing sky blue Spirulina
•Vegan butter (softened) – 1/2 cup
•Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
•Sifted powdered sugar – 1 ½ – 2 cups (or add some sugar-free options)
•Sky blue spirulina – 2-4 tsp
•Almond milk – 1-2 tbsp.
1. Let your butter sit at room temperature for 1 hr to soften it. So, when you combine it with sugar it doesn’t form any clumps.
2. Now, Beat vanilla and butter in a large mixing bowl for around 30 secs
3. Sift and add ½ cup of sugar one at a time to prevent lumps. Add spirulina and beat until you get a sky blue hue. Add more spirulina to intensify its colour.
4. Add a spoonful of milk. Adjust the measurement to get the required consistency.
Experiment with the frosting of your own choice. Also, you can experiment with the spirulina powder. It can be used for several smoothie bowls, ice cream, and cake frostings too.
When in doubt, cupcake it out. Enjoy the treat, all made at home. These lemon muffins can brighten up any day. Wholesome, healthful lemons are needed in everyone’s life, Lol.
All images belong to their own respective owners.
Make sure to have look on more recipes like The Delightful Pumpkin Almond Flour Cookies In Just A Few Steps